9/28/09

beauty products

I find shopping for new beauty products to be severely overwhelming - so much so, that I often forgo the whole process and continue using my current unsatisfactory products. I've recently started to maintain a personal library of beauty product reviews, clippings and tips from magazines and such, but it's yet to come to full fruition. As of late, my scalp has been very dry and itchy (I suffer from varying degrees of seborrheic dermatitis, usually depending on the weather) & I can't take it anymore! So I went to my local Beauty First and implored the four employees to answer my never-ending bank of questions, and I left with a bag of new products to try, and I shall review them upon use!

Joico Daily Treatment Shampoo designed for healthy scalp
  • Specifically designed to help control scalp challenges and disorders, this shampoo contains UV protectants to condition and protect against daily environmental stress.
  • A unique blend of biotin, jojoba oil and inositol slough and remove dry skin and promote circulation that could be caused by dandruff and psoriasis as well as balancing the oily buildup associated with seborrhea.
  • Scalp is left healthy, free of dry skin or oily buildup.


Joico Daily Balancing Conditioner designed for normal hair
  • This weightless daily conditioner maintains optimum moisture balance, instantly detangles and eliminates static without buildup.
  • Hair is radiant with increased body and manageability.


with my purchase I got a free full-size bottle of the hair spray of my choice:

Joimist Medium designed for styling and finishing
  • This humidity-resistant, fast-drying working and finishing aerosol spray provides light-to-medium hold while leaving hair shiny and touchable.
  • UV protectants protect against daily environmental stress.
  • Hair is flexible, touchable with all-day support.



Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Hair & Scalp Treatment
  • INVIGORATING AND SOOTHING
  • Strengthens and moisturizes – Soy proteins, panthenol, vitamin E and shea butter help recondition, repair and protect the hair
  • Refines – Natural salicylic acid derived from willow bark helps provide an immediate intervention for troubled skin
  • Invigorates – The natural magic of tea tree oil, peppermint and lavender creates an exhilarating fragrance experience


& lastly,

Ojon Rub-Out Dry Cleanser
  • Fortified with exclusive Ojon® oil, an ancient native secret to naturally beautiful hair from Central America’s Tawira tribe, known as “the people of beautiful hair.™”
  • Ojon® Rub-Out™ Dry Cleanser is perfect between washings as a hair pick-me-up, when you’re in a rush, or when you overuse a styling product. Ojon® Rub-Out™ Dry CleanserRub-Out™'s natural cleansing properties come from the bark of the Quillaja (pronounced "kee-lay-yah") or “soapbark” tree. Enriched with Amazonian White Clay, Silk Powder, Rice and Potato starches, it helps refresh and treat hair and scalp by helping remove impurities, absorb excess oil and product as it increases hair volume at the roots.
  • In clinical studies, Rub-Out™ Dry Cleanser reduced excess oils by up to 68%, in just one application.
  • Due to the unique and rich concentration of Amazonian White Clay and Soap Bark Extract in our breakthrough dry cleansing product Rub-Out™, it is important to shake the product vigorously prior to use.



I can't wait for the invigorating feeling of Paul Mitchell's tea tree scalp treatment .. so refreshing and luxuriating! I'm sad, however, that I have to wait to wash my hair until Thursday because the gas company can't come start our service until then .. ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment