8/11/08

i hate and love this stuff

because I'm not a typical female...but girl names are pretty and I've spent my whole life thinking about what my name would be if I could change it.

BABY NAMES. Yes, today I pondered over what my future daughter's name will be, since the only names I like are boys' and definitely not interchangeable. So I decided that with my love for flora and fauna and my obsession with plants and my history of flower-interest, if I ever have a daughter, I will name her after one.

The front runner is ISIS. I adore it! She could be called Izzy!?

I thought of these immediately...

Anne (as a middle name, and to follow in the tradition of my mother, nana, and aunts - from Queen Anne's Lace)
Daisy
Rose (also for a middle name)
Poppy (probably my second favorite)
Sunny (from Sunflower)
Violet
Maggie (from Magnolia)


Then I decided to look here for more inspiration...because I'm ridiculous....

Calla (from Calla Lily)
Lily
Lila (from Lilac)
Willow
Dahlia
Goldie (if she were blonde, obviously, from Gladiola or Golden-anything)
Chrysanthemum
Azara
Azalea
Callisia
Cleo (from Cleome)
Coco (from Cocos)
Cori (from Coriaria)
Disa
Ella (from Elaeis)
Fabi (from Fabiana)
Heidi (from Hydrangea)
Kol (from Koeleria/Kohleria)
Mazzy (from Mazus)
Mila (from Milla)
Molina (from Molinia)
Marina (from Morina)
Nico (but it's from Nicotiana, which is Nicotine, and I never want to admit that!)
Olive
Pandora (from Pandorea)
Sophora
Thalia
Tilly (from Tilia)
Sia (from Woodsia)

3 comments:

  1. Dahlia is so cute
    dave escobar has a friend with that name that he used to mention frequently and i loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's funny that kol is on there because i've never known anyone with that name besides my old roommate and best friend, but it was short for nicole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like poppy, calla, and olive.
    probably poppy the best-- so cute!

    amelia frances is my girl pick... not sure how well they go together, frances isn't 100% set in stone, depsite how much i love that name for a girl!
    also, the name steliana (after the romanian gymnast). i just fell in love with her name.

    ReplyDelete